Jan 17, 2012

Day 2

In Science, one piece of paper was handed out to 25 students. =25
In French, four pieces of paper were handed out to 20 students. =80
Total: 105
Not as much as yesterday, considering I only have two "real" classes, but still a lot of paper.

In addition, I went to the media center during lunch today to work on my research paper and when I was leaving, I noticed stacks of paper.

Curious, I asked my teacher, who was on "library duty" or something like that. Apparently, 3 students had decided to print out huge amounts of copies (ranging from 20 to 50). The worst part: they didn't even pick it up. Disgusting is the only word I can describe the apathy of people towards paper. We need change and we need it now yet people are too "busy" to think otherwise.

EDIT: Big picture updated. Grand total: 320

EDIT2: I've changed the experiment to include papers that the teachers request us take notes on (i.e. "Take out a sheet of paper.")

No comments:

Post a Comment